[Frameworks] 2 Video Installation Questions

Chris Freeman christopherbriggsfreeman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:52:36 UTC 2016

Media players will do what you need.
That's correct they are almost always formatted for Windows, so you
may have to reformat your thumb drives and you'll definitely have the
4gb file size limit (usually 10-20 minutes of video is the max), so if you
have long vides youll have to break them up into smaller files - and then
you get a dumb loading graphic between each file.

There are ways to hack the media players to remove the "play" or "loading"
or file name graphics at the start of each file / loop, but I've never done
it, only heard rumors.

I have also used an iPod touch to do what you are doing, but it takes a bit
of messing with the settings because it's not really made to just loop
videos all day long.

Either way, have a plan for maintenance because no digital player will work
perfectly for days/weeks/months on end and at some point it will freeze or
crash and you'll need someone there to reset or restart it or whatever.

Good luck!