[Frameworks] films using ancient Greek themes, etc.

Michele Smith wovenfilms at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 08:39:44 UTC 2016

What do you mean?

    On Saturday, June 25, 2016 10:59 AM, Caryn Cline <carynycline at gmail.com> wrote:

 Dear Frameworkers, For a program I’ll be co-teaching at The Evergreen StateCollege next winter and spring quarters, I’m looking for short experimentaland/or narrative films that use Greek literature, themes, philosophy andmythology as an inspiration or point of departure.  [Our program, called THE EPIC AND THE EVERYDAY, combinesancient Greek literature and media production.]  I’ve used feature films in a past iteration of this program(e.g. O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU? and LANDSCAPE IN THE MIST), but I’d like to mixin more short work, since I will be teaching media production as part of thisprogram and students will be making short work.  Films utilizing found footage would be especially useful.  (The last time I taught this program, Iused some of Jay Rosenblatt’s work in this context.)  Happily, I will have a little bit of a budget to rent or—preferably—buy the workfor our campus library.  Thank you for you suggestions.
Best wishes,
CCCaryn Cline
Experimental Filmmaker & Teachervimeo.com/carynyc

film still from "Ektacy" (2015)