[Frameworks] 360 degrees

John Muse jmuse at sonic.net
Wed Mar 2 00:25:29 UTC 2016

One more, because I'm watching it now!  Bill Viola's Sweet Light: many 360's around a candle in the center of a table.

On Feb 24, 2016, at 9:55 PM, Gene Youngblood <atopia at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks again, all, for these suggestions. It seems the subject is of interest to Frameworkers. We saw Peter Greenaway’s “Eisenstein in Guanajuato” today. It’s a mess overall, but it does have some very inventive circular camera moves, all the more interesting for the way they’re edited. One scene alternates rapidly between 360-degree dollies and pans in one space, something I hadn’t seen before.
>

>> On Feb 24, 2016, at 10:04 AM, Salise Hughes <salise.hughes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's been a while since I've seen Fassbender's Whity, but I remember an inverted 380 tracking shot focused on the exchange of cash, the moment love turned to commerce.
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM, salise.hughes at gmail.com <salise.hughes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fassbender's Whity (1971).

j/PrM

john muse
visiting assistant professor of independent college programs
haverford college
http://www.finleymuse.com
http://www.haverford.edu/faculty/jmuse
http://haverford.academia.edu/JohnMuse