[Frameworks] (nostalgia) versions...

John Muse jmuse at sonic.net
Fri Mar 4 18:06:37 UTC 2016

Having checked with the usual suspects, I'm at a loss to explain the discrepancy between the version of (nostalgia) on the 2012 Criterion disk and the version described by a few folks, one being Shari Segal, who in a 2005 essay entitled From the Private to the Public" writes:

> Each voice-over begins fifteen to twenty seconds after the new photograph appears, precisely the amount of time permitted before the photograph’s destruction visibly begins.

This doesn't describe the voice-over to image relationship I see in the 2012 disk.  The voice-overs begin before the new image arrives, not 20 seconds after.  Is she wrong?  Or did she see a different film?

Clues?  And I apologize if the answer is obvious.

j/PrM

john muse
visiting assistant professor of independent college programs
haverford college
http://www.finleymuse.com
http://www.haverford.edu/faculty/jmuse
http://haverford.academia.edu/JohnMuse