[Frameworks] THE END OF FACEBOOK AS SOCIAL NETWORK

Andy Ditzler andy at andyditzler.com
Wed Mar 16 18:15:05 UTC 2016

Agreed with Jessica, free services only do so much and you can't
rely solely on them for publicizing your event. That said, I do
mini-surveys at each of my events, and Facebook is how most (not all) of
attendees know.

I have a dedicated group for my film series on Facebook, which I moderate
and for which people sign themselves up - and even though they themselves
have indicated their interest, they can only receive invites to the group's
events if they are also my personal friends on FB. That could be the
problem - your invites only go to those you have friended.

Also agreed that email lists remain essential. I've heard good things about
Mailchimp. I personally use ymlp.com and have found it effective and very
easy to work with - worth the yearly fee, definitely. Hope this helps.

Andy Ditzler
Founder and curator, Film Love: www.filmlove.org  |
https://www.facebook.com/groups/77666086329/
Co-founder, John Q collective: www.johnq.org