[Frameworks] codecs

Buck Bito - Movette buck at movettefilm.com
Thu May 5 01:13:57 UTC 2016

Hi Gene,
For sure the Prores422 as long as your on a system that works fine with
it: iMovie, FCP, Premiere, Resolve, Vegas, among many others.

Prore422 is a proper intermediate codec and you can know what it is.
Whereas H.264 *can* be very high quality, knowing that it is H.264 does
not tell you very much about it, because it could be encoded in a near
infinite combination of bit rates, I frame frequencies, color encodings,
etc...

Because you have the same program in both codecs, you can tell that it was
not a super high quality H.264 encoding simply because it is less than
1/25 the size of the Prores.

-Sincerely,
--Buck Bito - Movette Film Transfer