[Frameworks] Exemplary Sound Design in AG Film

owen at thenowcorporation.com owen at thenowcorporation.com
Mon May 16 06:55:24 UTC 2016

Here are some I've screened in the past and they have been very well received.
Ed Emshwiller's  thanatopsis is a perfect film for this class, thrilling.  I would add Scott Bartlett's films. He used sound in very powerful ways in all his work. moon1969 and Offon and Serpent
and Metanomen. Also, Time of the locust-Peter Gessner (1966) great use of sound powerful film. Great use of sound in Harmonica, 1970, 10 1/2 min., Larry Gottheim.
bruce conner-cosmic ray.(1961-2) 4 min.(sound)b&w. And Mary Ellen Bute-polkagraph.(1953)6 min(sound)color. And Dirt, 1971, 3 min.,Amy Greenfield
or even thrown in one of my shorts; Psynk  https://youtu.be/0UBZrfRXVM8 , Plutonian Ode https://youtu.be/1HYEnjnu5RU or TOO Close https://youtu.be/r_wBELsYlrg
best,
owen plotkin