[Frameworks] Distribution EXPRMNTL documentary

Brecht Debackere brecht at visualantics.net
Sun May 29 14:34:50 UTC 2016

Dear all,

For the past years we’ve been working on a documentary about the EXPRMNTL festival of Knokke Belgium & Experimental film.

The movie is nearing completion and is scheduled to premiere as the opening film of the L’Age D’or festival, organised by the Cinematek,Brussels.
Reactions to the rough-cut of those involved (Belgian broadcasters RTBF & VRT, Cinematek,…).

The movie stars Peter Kubelka, Harun Farocki, Birgit Hein, Werner Nekes, Jonas Mekas and some unseen interviews, archive with o.a. Jacques Ledoux, the former curator the Cinematek.

As we are preparing the release of this film, we are looking for possibilities to distribute it across small independent art-house cinema’s, cinematheques, etc.
For this we are interested to learn where we could possibly screen the film and who might be interested in an ‘early access’ screening for a reduced screening fee.

If anyone here runs such a cinema or venue, I would also be interested to hear from you what you consider to be a reasonable screening fee.

Kind regards,

Brecht Debackere

V I S U Λ ˩ Λ N T I C S

www.visualantics.net