[Frameworks] Experimental farming films

Angelica Cuevas Portilla angelica at cuevas.as
Mon Nov 14 15:33:10 UTC 2016

Yes! I was going to say Naomi Uman, her two documentaries : LECHE and
MALA LECHE

LECHE (1998, 30 min.)
Filmed in black and white 16mm, hand-processed and hung to dry, Leche
examines details of the life of one family, living on an isolated dairy
ranch in Central Mexico.

MALA LECHE (2003, 47 min)
Considered a companion piece, this film follows the same family
presented in Uman's earlier film Leche. Now living in California's
agricultural Central Valley, the family continues to work with dairy
cattle but under very different circumstances.

---

Angélica Cuevas Portilla
MEX-PARISMENTAL
85 boulevard Brune
75014 Paris
France
+33-6-64 24 09 10
@MexParismental [1]
https://www.facebook.com/MexParismental
http://mex-parismental.blogspot.com
***************************
-18TH FESTIVAL DES CINÉMAS DIFFÉRENTS DE PARIS
http://www.cjcinema.org
        Octobre  2016

On 2016-11-14 16:15, Meg Jamieson wrote:

> "Naomi Uman, almost all of her films that I have seen are about farming.
> Also, there is a Russian filmmaker whose name is escaping me right now,
> that makes incredible black and white films about farming. Maybe someone
> can fill in the name."
>
> Do you mean:
>
> ARTAVAZD PELESHYAN?
>
> Also Sweetgrass