[Frameworks] Books on Contemporary Experimental Film

Anna Dabrowska a.d.dabrowska at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:42:51 UTC 2016

"Film Unframed" edited by P. Tscherkassky has the last section
dedicated to  Austrian contemporary experimental filmmakers

"Expanded Cinema" edited by A.L. Rees, etc. has a section on
contemporary expanded cinema

 ‘film³ [kyü-bik film]’ about the contemporary Dutch and
Netherland-based experimental filmmakers

"Polish Cine Art" edited by Jakub Majmurek and Łukasz Ronduda.

Avant-Doc: Intersections of Documentary and Avant-Garde Cinema by S. MacDonald

"Jeune, dure et pure! A history of avant-garde and experimental film
in France". also here the last section is dedicated to the recent
Fench experimental filmmakers

On 21 November 2016 at 17:55, Michael Betancourt
<hinterland.movies at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know a good introductory book on contemporary experimental film/video that isn't all about either work from pre-1980, or focused heavily on video installations? I've been trying to think of one, and am coming up blank...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael Betancourt
> Savannah, GA USA
>

> michaelbetancourt.com
> twitter.com/cinegraphic | vimeo.com/cinegraphic
> www.cinegraphic.net | the avant-garde film & video blog

Anna Dabrowska