[Frameworks] touring "A Roll for Peter"

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:13:09 UTC 2016

Hello Frameworkers,

You may be aware that Jennifer Reeves & Mark Street, as a tribute to the
late Peter Hutton, put out a call for submissions of 100 foot rolls of 16mm
black and white shot with Peter in mind. The compilation, "A Roll for
Peter", screened at Bard College on 22 October and had a sold out screening
as part of Mono No Aware's festival in Brooklyn on 9 November.

  http://mononoawarefilm.com/calendar/2016/11/9/mono-x-gowanus-darkroom

Like me, you may have thought: I'd kinda like to see that before it gets
disassembled.

So. I've volunteered to coordinate a tour of the project. We'll likely have
a screening in Oakland, CA, during the first half of December and a San
Francisco screening sometime in 2017. There's also been interest expressed
in University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and University of Central Florida
screenings in 2017.

This is an invitation for you to contact me if you'd be interested in
screening the project between now and May 2017.

There's a single projection segment that runs 45 minutes and a double
projection segment that runs 15 minutes. A venue needs two comparable 16mm
projectors and a "wide enough" projection area. Academic venues should not
charge admission for a screening; microcinemas & artist-run spaces may
charge enough to cover their expenses. All venues are responsible for
timely and insured shipping to the next venue on the tour.

I'll note that the two New York screenings also screened Hutton's "New York
Portrait, Chapter I", but venues would be on their own to rent or otherwise
screen material beyond "A Roll for Peter".

I'll coordinate dates, put up a page for the project, keep tabs on the
whereabouts of the reels, and make sure screenings are listed in "This week
in avant garde cinema".

Please get in touch if this is something you'd like to be a part of.

Thanks, Eric