[Frameworks] Experimental Cinema in Cuba!

Dominic Angerame dominic.angerame at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:45:30 UTC 2016

Esperanza, I have been traveling to Cuba for the past ten year. Do you
really think that I have not asked the Festival for help.

Cuba is an extremely poor country thanks to the US embargo for decades A
Cuban friend once told me: "Whenever you throw something away think of
Cuba" where many basic things are not available.

Although US Citizens can go to Cuba the economic blockade is still effect.
That is when US Citizens goes to Cuba they must bring CASH. Debit
cards/credit, checks do not work because it is still illegal to spend money
in Cuba or trade in anyway finances, this does include airplane tickets.
Cuba cannot trade or give my tix since it just like giving me cash!!!

Traveling to Havana changes by the month. Just a few years ago I had to
"sneak" into the country since it was a "terrorist nation".  It was rare to
see someone from the States there.

For Cuban descendants and for Cuba Nationals the situation is quite
different and I do not know what those rules are.

I have written many articles about how to travel to Cuba and there is
information online for folks who want to go. Search cubatravelusa.com for
detailsm is the best.

Thanks for your ideas.