[Frameworks] Experimental films using Astronomy & Satellite imagery - recommendations

Rob Gawthrop rob at robgawthrop.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 16:42:01 UTC 2016

Erth John Latham UK 1971
"A journey from outer space to the centre of the world, in which consciousness itself is revealed as a form sedimented history. With distant views of the approaching Earth punctuated by black and silence, light years are compressed into a cosmic imaginary.” Lux

Moon 69 Scott Bartlett 1969
"Moon 1969 is a beautiful, eerie, haunting film, all the more wonderful for the fact we do not once see the moon: only the manifestation of its powers here on earth, the ebb and flow of the waters.. fiery rainbows into a cloudy sky... men and rockets transformed into shattering crystals... creating a picture if the cosmos in continual transformation."-- Gene Youngblood

Rob