[Frameworks] Optical soundtracts at Colorlab - all good?

Lyra Hill lyra.lou at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:27:07 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm about to have my soundtrack printed to optical and am considering using
Colorlab's in-house service. In the past I have always used DJ Audio in LA,
then synched my track with my AB rolls myself before sending everything to
the lab.

I've been really happy with DJ Audio's sound quality but it would be nice
to skip that extra step in this instance. Do you have experience with
Colorlab's optical service? Any complaints? Anything I should watch out for?

BONUS QUESTION: Do you know the frequency parameters for 16mm optical
sound? I had this information in a notebook that I sadly lost some time
ago. The internet is not immediately helpful in recovering this information.

Thanks,
- Lyra