[Frameworks] video playback mystery

Joe Ventress jrventress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 05:16:57 UTC 2017

It's because your op sys is gobbling resources and decompression for
playback is compromised when playing off your primary drive.  that is a
compressed format. Forget the convenience and use an external. It is pretty
much standard practice to use an external for the above reasons. If you
must use the internal drive, experiment with different codec settings
and/or container types. By lowering the quality, even slightly this issue
can likely be alleviated.

Thank you,
Joe Ventress
Production Designer