[Frameworks] Preservation Insanity / Brakhage & sound

Mark Toscano mrktosc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 01:21:47 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I realize it's kind of self-promotional, but since a halfway decent amount
of people seemed to like it, I hope you'll indulge me a bit of news about
my Preservation Insanity site.

Just wanted to spread the word that after a long period of inactivity, I've
moved, spiffed up, and begun posting again to the site, which is now here:

https://preservationinsanity.wordpress.com/

For those who haven't checked it out before, I try to write periodically
about archiving, preservation, and experimental film, so if that's of
interest, please do give it a look!

The most recent post is a somewhat epic one I finished today about the
soundtrack for Brakhage's film Fire of Waters, and the restoration
questions it poses, with a healthy dose of info about his sound filmmaking
approaches to boot.
And if you're on Instagram and interested, I've been posting more
bite-sized things for about a year now under the name
preservationinsanity.  Again, feel free to follow it if it's of interest!

Thanks for indulging me -

Mark T