[Frameworks] Painting directly to film

Myron Ort zeno at sonic.net
Sat Dec 2 02:01:51 UTC 2017

Thank you for those links. Nice to see those early examples.

This one also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9t2bF6BvU <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9t2bF6BvU>

I do understand your reticence, I only used the 'art associative' term to hopefully indicate a distinction from the prevalent style of painting on film which is a type of cameraless “animation” primarily involving figurative illustrations.

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 5:38 PM, lagonaboba <lagonaboba at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m reticent to put art associative words around anyone’s work, but you might consider the work of Aldo Tambellini, who painted on, inked on, scratched on, film, in the early 1960’s.
> You would have to ask him if he considered his work “abstract expressionist”. He’s till alive and active at 87, and lives in Cambridge, MA You can find some examples on youTube.
> “Blackout”  	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMBlV9tUnk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMBlV9tUnk>
> “Black Trip” 	 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMBlV9tUnk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMBlV9tUnk>
>
> and numerous others.
>

>> On Dec 1, 2017, at 3:05 PM, Myron Ort <zeno at sonic.net <mailto:zeno at sonic.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone site an example of “abstract expressionist” painting onto film prior to 1968?  (Hopefully with online viewing availability).
>>

>> https://vimeo.com/220986135 <https://vimeo.com/220986135>
>>

>> Myron Ort
>> www.zeno-okeanos,com

Myron Ort