[Frameworks] Call for Submissions: Black Box@ Edinburgh International Film Festival

Kim Knowles kim.knowles at edfilmfest.org.uk
Tue Dec 26 17:29:35 UTC 2017

CALL FOR EXPERIMENTAL SUBMISSIONS – EDINBURGH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
DEADLINE: 8 FEBRUARY 2018
FESTIVAL DATES: 20 JUNE – 1 JULY 2018

Seasons greetings! I hope you’re all enjoying the festive period whatever you’re doing.

It’s time to submit to Black Box @EIFF! It’s now my 10th year curating this strand, and over the past few years I’ve been lucky enough to screen some incredible work and welcome many of you to the beautiful city of Edinburgh. This job truly makes life worth living!

I’d like to offer fee waivers to Frameworkers again, so if you have a film you’d like to send please email me off list with a link and a password, along with any other information about the film. Black Box is EIFF’s dedicated platform for experimental film, with an equal interest in 16mm, 35mm and digital.

PLEASE NOTE: a UK premiere is required for all feature films and international short films, and works should be no more than 12 months old at the time of the Festival. If your film can be viewed online without a password it will unfortunately be ineligible. A Scottish premiere is a requirement for UK short films.

Any questions please get in touch. I’m looking forward to receiving your work.

All the very best for 2018!
Kim Knowles
Experimental Film Programmer, Edinburgh International Film Festival

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH EIFF
Become a web member for FREE and receive news and offers: http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk/register
Follow EIFF at: https://twitter.com/edfilmfest or http://www.facebook.com/edfilmfest
t. +44(0)131 228 4051
f. +44(0)131 229 5501
w. http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk
88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ Scotland, United Kingdom
The Edinburgh International Film Festival Limited is a subsidiary of the Centre for the Moving Image. Registered in Scotland No: SC132453. VAT No: 502 548861. Registered Office: 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh.