[Frameworks] Exhibition: Film Implosion! Experiments in Swiss Cinema. Re-opened in Zurich. (Feb 3 - April 9, 2017)

Fred Truniger fred.truniger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:59:31 UTC 2017

Dear Frameworkers
We proudly present the re-opening of our exhibition FILM IMPLOSION! EXPERIMENTS IN SWISS CINEMA in Zurich, Switzerland!
The exhibition was initially conceived from Nov. 2015 to Feb. 2016 by FRI-ART, Centre d’art (http://www.fri-art.ch/en) in the small swiss town of Fribourg and is now presented in a scaled-down version in the Museum für Gestaltung in Zurich (http://www.museum-gestaltung.ch/en/).

Film Implosion presents for the first time an overview of the history of the avant-garde film in Switzerland from 1950 until today. – After all, the first Swiss film-ooop, the Zurich based ‚FilmForum’, was funded in 1966, in the same year as London and two years prior to Hamburg, Munich, Cologne – just didn’t last as long… :)
The exhibition is based on a research project by the Zurich University of Applied Arts, the Séction Cinema at the University of Lausanne, and the Lucerne University of Applied Science & Arts. Information about this project can be found at: https://intern.zhdk.ch/index.php?id=89962

If you happen to be in Switzerland in the next weeks, don’t miss it!
For further information, you can contact me.
cheers!
fred