[Frameworks] The Flicker

Pip Chodorov frameworks at re-voir.com
Tue Feb 28 03:01:04 UTC 2017

Hi Jonathan,
I have struck prints recently and I can confirm that there is an
optical sound neg synched to the optical picture neg. However there
is no precise correspondence between how the flicker flickers and how
the audio clicks evolve.
The soundtrack starts with 30s music over the three opening title
cards including the Warning.
The DVD we published through Re:Voir is in sync and can be used as a reference.
I believe the stereo CD version will be more interesting and more
intense and I wouldn't worry about the sync. Maybe you can do a test
by projecting the beginning while playing the CD, and at the point
where the titles end and the old music stops, check how many seconds
off you are, and then adjust by that much when you start them for the
show.
-Pip