[Frameworks] XTOL for processing Tri-X Super8 (7266)

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Tue Feb 28 14:07:45 UTC 2017

In tank, doing the math, you should get a starting point of 8 minutes
with 1+1 dilution for a gamma of 0.65.  If you are doing reel and trough
you shorten that a little, if you're doing a rewind tank it will have to
be extended a lot.

This is assuming that you're developing it as a negative.  If you're using it
as the first developer for reversal processing you likely want a higher gamma.

I will say that I don't think a highly active developer like XTOL is a
good choice for Tri-X, it will tend to compress mid-tones, but that is a
judgement call.
--scott