[Frameworks] Moviola optical reader conversion

Ryder White ryder.white at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:01:22 UTC 2017

Hi there lovely Frameworkers,

A little while ago I got a couple of 16mm Moviola SR0 optical sound readers
with a new sync block I bought on eBay. I think they are meant to attach to
a moviola squawk box with two connections: one 4 pin connector, presumably
for power, and a coaxial connector, presumably for signal. I'm interested
in trying to convert them to output to a 1/4" jack or something similarly
ubiquitous, which I suppose will require a separate power supply for the
exciter lamp.

If anyone has undertaken a similar project, or has any knowledge about the
specifics of each of the connectors, I'd be glad to know about it before I
start tearing into them.

Thanks!

Ryder

--

Sent from mobile device, please forgive typographic errors. -RTW