[Frameworks] experimental films with philosophical text?

Ben Ogrodnik ben.ogrodnik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:20:45 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Can you recommend to me any experimental, avant-garde films that examine
key works/thinkers of Western continental or analytical philosophy?

The type of film I'm interested in is not a film that can be analyzed
through a philosophical lens, but rather one in which a philosophical text
makes some kind of direct appearance (through a quotation, intertitle,
etc.) For instance, one example might be the 16mm film *Valley Fever* by
Stephanie Beroes, 1986, which features a woman reading lengthy excerpts
from Maurice Merleau-Ponty's phenomenological thought.

I am currently working on a list of experimental films united by a common
interest in visualizing philosophical texts.  Alas, this subfield is not my
main area of expertise, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Ben

--