[Frameworks] Kodak Super8 digital camera

Toni-Lynn Frederick tlfrederick at icloud.com
Sat Jul 15 00:54:50 UTC 2017

Hello

Maybe I’m a lone voice on this forum, but I’m actually quite excited about Kodak’s new Super 8 film camera, and I find it somewhat disappointing to read so much negativity about an attempt to offer a new Super 8 film camera to a digital world.

I’ve hardly drank the Kokak Kool-Aid, but if I wanted to look at things with a less conspiratorial eye, I’d see it as Kodak attempting to bridge the gap between digital and celluloid — and between generations of users — because there is a market there. If one neither wants nor needs that bridge, then don’t buy it.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but is it not the case that, with the creation of this camera, comes the guarantee of continued stock production — or at least it means that raw film stock won’t disappear as soon as some of us feared?

That’s got to be worth something, no?

Maybe I just get too excited about new gear, though ;)

Toni-Lynn Frederick
University of Reading