[Frameworks] TONIGHT - Sandy Ding in-person NY premiere of NIGHT AWAKE

MONO NO AWARE mononoawarefilm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 15:09:51 UTC 2017

Frameworkers,

It's a beautiful afternoon here in New York and I'm writing to let you know
the evening will be the same.

Please join us tonight at 7pm for the NY Premiere of *NIGHT AWAKE*
<https://vimeo.com/ondemand/nightawake> as part of MONO NO AWARE's
Connectivity Through Cinema screening series.  The artist Sandy Ding will
join us for a Q&A after the presentation. **more information below.

The presentation will take place at our screening host venue CPR,  361
Manhattan Ave 11249 Doors at 7 pm screening promptly at 7:30 pm.  Only $6
suggested donation.  We'll have refreshments, books and film stock
available through our distribution program.

Best,

Steve Cossman
Founder / Director
◅
*MONO NO AWARE*
501c3 Cinema Arts Non-Profit Organization
e: mononoawarefilm.com c: +1 267 456-1143

​
**Sandy Ding is a experimental filmmaker from Beijing, China. He graduated
from California Institute of the Arts Film and Video MFA in 2007, and now
teaching in China Central Academy of Fine Arts. His films are distributed
by Canyon Cinema and LIGHT CONE (France). Most of his films are focused on
mysteries and the subconscious, using film material and digital techniques
to escalate the screen. He also work on sound and experimental music. His
work has been shown in festivals and private screenings inside and outside
China.

"Night Awake"is an experimental noise film provoking 3rd eye opening with
image and sound. By transferring camera into a spiritual median, the lunar
god has taught messages in the gap of time. The film is from grave yard,
and it is a textile of death, which made the lucid light shines in the
depth of many dimensions.  To call the third eye awakening, we shell not
agitate the surface of the mind and physical eye, but soothes, and provokes
the third eye to awaken.

In the gap of time, the flame of images that rise and become eternity, is
forming the rhythm and the speech, which is the way it is. The teachings
received in green crystals and has been translated to film. In distanced
mysteries and the half rotten film media is the art of death and awakening,
which more about that itself then other content. The messages are hard to
put into speaking language and words, but more easily put into image and
sound sequences, for me, these sequences always appear in the darkest hours
at nights, when I am fully awake...  "

MONO NO AWARE SCREENING SERIES: The CONNECTIVITY THROUGH CINEMA series
presents the work of artists, film-makers and curators who are traveling or
presenting special interactive programs in-person. Our hope is to engage
the community by showing work with a focus on post-screening discussion. MONO
NO AWARE is a 501c3 cinema arts non-profit
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/nyregion/a-brooklyn-film-school-where-the-digital-revolution-didnt-happen.html>promoting
traditional film making.