[Frameworks] HIJACK! presents: Poetic Experimental Personal Cinema Screening, Saturday 17th 2017, 6-8pm.

Joey bardenmuse at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 02:41:28 UTC 2017

Poetic Experimental Personal Cinema Screening featuring film artists Gary Goldberg (deceased) and Ann Deborah Levy (living).

Gary Goldberg was a NYC underground painter, playwright and experimental film artist, now deceased. In the 70's, in addition to his paintings that were exhibited around the world, he did a number of 'guerilla art' pieces on the streets of SOHO, NYC. In the 90's he began a series of films starring Taylor Mead and Bill Rice called 'Double Trouble.' These films were conceived around 2-3 characters whose actions are unsupported by dialogue performed. The films were meant as a study of comic tension and resolve. HIJACK! will be presenting Goldberg's dual screen film, 'UH...'
Ann Deborah Levy is a NYC artist who started creating art as a painter, then gravitated to film and video art. Her films are usually shot outdoors and examine how visual perception of landscape is mediated as it is reflected on subjects such as a pond water, painted raindrops hitting a car window, or by where the camera focuses or how reality is filtered, changed or recalled through collective historical memory. Levy's films utilize soundtracks that include synch and wild sound recorded on-location and in controlled studio settings. HIJACK! will be presenting Levy's films, 'Watercolors,' 'Rain Painting,' On the Train to Kutna Hora...and Back,' and 'Spectators.'
This intimate screening is FREE NO CHARGE at:Brooklyn Community Foundation 1000 Dean St. 3rd fl  Rm. #307Brooklyn, NYC
Date:  Saturday June 17th.Time: 6-8pmCurated by:  HIJACK!
HIJACK! is fueled by the conviction of presenting films made by film poets, underground artists (living and deceased), outcast artists, outsiders, and any and all film/video/spoken word/poetry artists who have become sickened by the competitive nature of the experimental art scene and the experimental film festival circuit that are more focused on who-you-know, than what-you-create.  HIJACK! has decided to hijack the soul and spirit of the poets who have been lost in the grotesque rat race. Come to our monthly screenings, and send us your work. Unlike other spots- we will show your work if it comes from your gut. And, we don't want your money because we don't have much money ourselves. Come HIJACK! with us- for FREE.
Follow us on Instagram @ hijacknow