[Frameworks] Titles on film

Dave Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 19:10:58 UTC 2017

IIRC, the old school method was printing the title on a card, white text on black, and shooting it with special high contrast film, yes? Even if using an LCD screen, it would seem the stock matters a lot. I ‘spose if you’re on a certain budget, the LCD method lets you get decent results with whatever stock you’re using otherwise, and fewer steps. But it seems we’re talking about ‘conventional’ looking titles, and many experimemntal films have used ‘experimental’ titles of one form or another. Why not play with a lightbox, especially since these days you can get some general idea of what camera-shot titles will look like by trying them a properl;y set video camera before exposing expensive stock?