[Frameworks] Eulogy Films

Kate Ewald katherine.ewald at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 21:20:41 UTC 2017

Hi Meg,

I'd second Eric Stewart's *Wake*.  Eric and Taylor Dunne are actually in
the process of creating a whole screening series specifically around this
topic.  They've programmed two shows already that were lovely.  I'd
definitely suggest reaching out to them - DM me for their emails if you
don't already have them and feel like following up.

Other films in this vein that haven't been mentioned yet:
- Taylor Dunne's *Corn Mother*
- The many films made honoring Mark LaPore's death (I don't know the titles
of all of them, but off the top of my head I can think of Phil Solomon's *Still
Raining, Still Dreaming*, David Gatten's *So Sure of Nowhere Buying Times
to Come,* and Saul Levine's *Dreams and Apparitions of Mark Lapore.* I
think Julie Murray and Ericka Beckman also made films, but I haven't seen
them).  IFFRotterdam did a program of films honoring Mark around 2010, I
think(???), which had even more artists/films.
- Bruce Baille's *Mass for the Dakota Sioux*
- Zoltán Huszárik's *Elegy*
*-* Jim Hubbard's *Elegy in the Streets*
- Sandra Davis's *Crepuscule: Pond and Chair*
- Marjorie Keller's *The Fallen World*
- Eve Heller's *Behind This Soft Eclipse*
- Your film, *The Waiting Sands* :)

Happy hunting!

Cheers,
Kate