[Frameworks] Jack Stauffacher

Dominic Angerame dominic.angerame at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 16:35:59 UTC 2017

Yes it is sad. Jack knew such important avant garde filmmakers such as:
Jordan Belson; James Broughton; Sidney Peterson; Hy Hirsch; Will Hindle;
Harry Smith and many more.

The death of San Francisco poet David Meltzer who was involved with the ag
film scene here in North Beach and the Bay Area was also a sad event. David
was a great friend of Stan Brakhage; Chris MacClaine and many many more. In
fact Stan Brakhage sent David on his birthday copies of his 8mm Songs. He
was a very kind and gentle person and handed down the copies of the Songs
to me some years ago. I was in the process of interviewing David when he
passed away.

The aural history that these two people had about the active film scene
here in the Bay Area was priceless.