[Frameworks] Asking for a friend

Pip Chodorov frameworks at re-voir.com
Fri Nov 24 02:21:59 UTC 2017

Asking for a friend?  Hilarious subject line.

I think experiemental film's freedom comes from its marginality.
In this business there is no money or power because these films are
outside the film industry and outside the art market. There is only
passion, sharing, and working in cooperative communities.

That is not to say that there is no competition or territoriality
between people or groups, we feel that maybe even stronger than in
the film industry or the art market. But there is certainly no sense
of entitlement over others due to one's position. There are no
bosses, no job interviews, no big opportunities, no moguls... Also
the nature of these film works are self-expression and thrashing out
issues of difference and marginality and self-identity so it is a
very welcoming community in those terms.

Of course there are other kinds of negative energies that can crop up
in our communitiy besides sexual haassment, other, more
"experimental" harassments that could be interseting to discuss...

- Pip Chodorov