[Frameworks] Two HOLMES 35mm portable projectors in Philadelphia

Holcus Ltd dwoods at holcus.karoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 12:55:21 UTC 2017

Dear members,

Members within striking distance of PHILADELPHIA may be interested in
acquiring

one or both of the following:

A WORKING HOLMES portable 35mm SILENT projector from the early to mid 1920's
I suspect.

It has seen some modification and is in working condition.   I have numerous
detailed and

general photographs of it and footage of it working with the speed varying
from perhaps 2fps (!) up to perhaps 18fps.

The condenser lens is cracked but functions, and there is no projection lens
at the moment.   They are not exactly rare.

It's been in careful storage since 1968 when I last used it as a
teaching-aide and variable strobe light when teaching film-making

at a Summer Camp in Jackson NH.

I would like to see it go to a good home.

The other projector, far from working, but I assumed worth keeping for
parts, is a:

HOLMES portable 35mm SOUND projector, presumably from the 1930s.   Again
numerous photographs

document it's condition which most would define as "scrap".   I kept it for
possible parts.

The projectors are in a house in PHILADELPHIA shortly to be sold by private
treaty or publicly auctioned, so

interested parties should get in touch with me PROMPTLY.   From Thursday Oct
19th I will be available to

demonstrate the working silent projector and the sound one.

I am still thinking about a reasonable price.   First come first served and
pick-up must be achieved by November 1st.

I'll give serious emailers a contact telephone and perhaps put all the
images on DROPBOX.

Good wishes to old friends!

David Woods

Dr. David Woods