[Frameworks] editing strategies (question for everyone on list)

albertogerosa . albertogerosa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 04:43:10 UTC 2017

watch all without keyboard.
note on paper your first impressions on the different scenes in the
footage, you might lose them after watching it for months but you need them
as they are similar to your audience's.

start thinking about your
Macro Scenography (the whole journey your film is taking the audience to)
and
Micro Scenography (the single scenes, cuts, juxtapositions, moments you use
to build )
work on micro ones in random order, on different timelines
when you feel inspired put the micro ones on the same timeline to make the
macro

watch roughcuts without keyboard, with people you trust, ask them questions
and discuss. their ideas might be better than yours.