[Frameworks] Vegetable films?

Chuck Kleinhans chuckkle at northwestern.edu
Thu Sep 14 02:03:35 UTC 2017

Les Blank, Garlic is as good as ten mothers

	of course many of his other films include harvesting and cooking and eating and celebrating food, muisc and dance 	(includes meat)

On gardening, tilling land

Marjorie Keller, The Answering Furrow, 1985 (27 min.): sound, color; 16 mm

If you include fruits:

There was a wacky pixillation film done in the 60s about a heard of banannas that ran around like lemmings, huriling themselves to death.  Can’t remember the maker or th title, but I think the title referred to the genus and speciies name of the common banana fruit.  Perhaps it is  now lost—the last few times I screened it in class it was pretty far gone and there seemed to be only one print.

And didn’t Larry Gottheim also make a film about a bowl of blueberries? Scott McD? help here?)

Chuck Kleinhans