[Frameworks] Saul Levine & MassArt: resources

Evan Greene evan.michael.greene at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:56:15 UTC 2018

I have talked with Saul about the situation as it’s unfolded the past few
days and months. It’s too complicated to explain in full here and not
really the forum for it but all the stories that have been reported so far
haven’t been the full truth. The Globe article being the furthest from it
and an example of lazy journalism where the one woman quoted from Massart
had personal axe to grind and paints an unfair picture of him and the
situation. Saul is 74 and regardless of the events that did occur was gonna
retire in the next few years anyway but chose to leave at the end semester.
How any competent film teacher could think showing Notes After Long Silence
to a class of senior film students be considered sexual harassment is
honestly ridiculous. If you really want to support Saul tho watch his
films. Show them. Rent them. Talk about them. Most of his films are
available for free on his Vimeo page and their in distribution at Canyon
Cinema, Filmmakers Coop, Lux, and Lightcone. Also for those in the New
England area come to the final Massart Film society screenings and hear him
publicly share his cinematic wisdom. There’s a great line up this month:

April 4th - Jennifer Saparzadeh
April 11th - Bruce Posner
April 18th - To Be Announced
April 25th - Adam Paradis

Also check out the one and only book written about Saul by Marjorie Keller:

http://saullevine.com/section/439716-THE-BOOK-OF-SAUL.html