[Frameworks] Steenbeck for research

Christopher Ball cbifilms at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 00:35:39 UTC 2018

I have used the Panasonic AF100 with an Odyssey 7Q recorder.  The camera
can adjust shutter by a 10th of a degree, so you can adjust shutter speed
until you lose any flicker or banding.  I project with a regular projector
onto a small (1'x1') bright screen.  I run the projector without film to
get the shutter speed close, until you have an even white image with no
flicker or moving bands, then I load the film and in the first few seconds
do minor tweaks on the shutter speed.  The Q7 recorder lets you record to
hi def or even 4k.  It works very well and it's cheap if you can get the
camera.  I rent it from my local co-op.

I have a steenbeck, but I am in rural Nova Scotia.