[Frameworks] Spring opportunities in New York

MONO NO AWARE mononoawarefilm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:05:00 UTC 2018

Greetings from New York.

I hope this message finds you all well and enjoying the long anticipated
change of the season.  I'm writing on behalf of MONO NO AWARE with a few
opportunities this summer. Workshops, Screenings, New film stocks, and
special events.

*SUMMER WORKSHOPS : ) *

*JUNE 2018+ INTRODUCTION TO 16MM COLOR FILM MAKING WITH BOLEX REX-5
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/intro-16mm-color-june-2018> + SUPER 8 MM FILM
MAKING ON COLOR REVERSAL <http://mononoawarefilm.com/super8mm-cr-june-2018>
*
*+ INTRO TO 16MM FILM MAKING WITH OPTICAL SOUND TRACKS
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/optical-sound-16mm-bw-june> *
*+* *DIY CONTACT PRINTING METHODS
<http://www.mononoawarefilm.com/workshop-contact-printing-june>*

*+ NEGATIVE CUTTING : A&B ROLLING AND SINGLE STRAND INTERNEGATIVES
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/neg-cutting-a-b-june-2018> + PIXELATION
ANIMATION TECHNIQUES
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/pixilation-animation-june-2018> + **SHOOTING
AND PROCESSING HI-CON FILM
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/shooting-processing-hicon-june> *
*+ DIRECT "CAMERA-LESS" FILM MAKING ON 16MM*
***AT METROGRAPH CINEMA** June 23rd and 24th! *

*JULY 2018+ ANAGLYPHIC 3-D FILMMAKING & OPTICAL PRINTING ON 16MM
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/anaglyph3d16> **NEW OFFERING**+ 35MM MOTION
PICTURE FILM MAKING ****NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION***

*UPCOMING SCREENINGS *
*MONO SELECTS : Wednesday April 18th at Anthology Film Archives ; Reception
at 7 pm screening at 8pm - *Please join Mono No Aware
<https://www.facebook.com/mono.aware.9> and friends for a selection of
films made by members of- extended family- and produced with the support
of- the cinema-arts non-profit organization MONO NO AWARE. PLUS+ Special
opening program includes three films by members of LEC Laboratorio
Experimental de Cine
<https://www.facebook.com/LEC-Laboratorio-Experimental-de-Cine-101080203571199/>,
our extended family in D.F. Mexico
*. *
*MONO PRESENTS : Sunday May 6th at CPR - 7 pm - Join MONO *and friends for
the premiere screening of all films made in April's workshops - Films on
Super 8mm, 16mm, Optical sound films, HI-con films and more, free and up to
the public.

*FILM STOCK AND CHEMISTRY *
New for the summer sun, MONO NO AWARE will be spooling down 3378 and
distributing this BW stock for the purposes of contact printing and
shooting in camera. We're stocked with Photographers Formulary D-19, C-41,
E-6 all the chemistry you would need to reveal the latent image :)  PLUS we
remain a distributor of Kodak Motion Picture film stocks
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/film-stock/> in all formats, and MONO currently
has two 16mm EXR color negative stocks
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/film-stock/>, tested, for re-distribution; a
50D and 100T, *$24 for 100 $90 for 400' *and, yes we ship. **image
attached, 100T shot on S16mm Rex5, scanned HD no color correction.

*SUMMER WORK STUDIES * MONO is working one on one with students to
structure work studies programs centered around their interests and our own
education, exhibition and preservation initiatives. Become part of the
film-positive community surrounding the cinema-arts non-profit MONO NO
AWARE this summer.  Get first hand experience with organizational
development, equipment acquisitions and testing, local and national
educational initiatives, moving image exhibition, community outreach,
preservation, chemistry and film stocks, develop a greater understanding of
the contemporary landscape that is motion picture film!  Email :
mononoawarefilm at gmail.com to* apply before April 30th. *

*NEW EQUIPMENT FOR YOU @ THE NEW OFFICE! *:  35mm flatbed editing table is
now up at the new office!  Plus we have the screening room set-up, located
at 33 Flatbush Avenue. We're a 3 minute walk from the 2, 3, 4, 5, A, C, B,
D, N, Q, R and G trains and 5 minutes from Alamo Drafthouse, BRIC Media
Arts Center and BAM Rose cinemas.  We've Out of this space we are currently
running camera rentals, film stock distro, editing facilities, screenings,
workshops and serving hot tea to friends ;)   Stop by and say hello if you
find yourself in the neighborhood.  We're in M-W-F and available by
appointment in-between.

Best to you all : )

Steve Cossman
Founder / Director
◅
*MONO NO AWARE*
501c3 Cinema Arts Non-Profit Organization est. 2007
| Film Stock | Equipment | Lab Facilities | Workshops |
e: mononoawarefilm.com c: +1 2674561143 <%2B1%20267%20456-1143> in:gram
<https://www.instagram.com/mononoawarefilm/>
<%2B1%20267%20456-1143>
press: New York Times
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/nyregion/a-brooklyn-film-school-where-the-digital-revolution-didnt-happen.html>,