[Frameworks] image enhancement in FCP?

Cari Machet carimachet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:10:44 UTC 2018

yes there are but sharpening can lead to its own kind of ickiness

which fcp version are you using?

you can also do an image sequence into photoshop after exporting still
frames from fcp if you prefer it is more manual way but if photoshop does
it better in your mind then maybe that is a course you can take if it is
not too long of a piece - like say part of the tape is worse than other
parts

are you in san francisco or near it? i would suggest going to talk with the
internet archive about the tape maybe they can do some magic on the
original - ask for brewster kahle

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 9:06 PM, Gene Youngblood <atopia at comcast.net> wrote:

> Colleagues,
> Jane and I continue our Kuchar project, and we’re wondering if there are
> features of FCP, or plugins for it, that enable Photoshop-like enhancements
> to sharpen older, low-res tapes. Jane is a good editor, as those who’ve
> seen the show know, but on the other hand we’re not professionals so we
> don’t keep up on the latest developments. Advice will be much appreciated.

<https://about.me/carimachet?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>
cari machet
about.me/carimachet