[Frameworks] Seeking examples of film elegies

Sarah Bliss bliss at sarahblissart.com
Tue Aug 28 14:49:36 UTC 2018

Greetings Frameworkers,

I write from AgX in Boston, where we are making our way, in grief and with love, since the death of our beloved Rob Todd.  At AgX, we sometimes hold a salon for members. The theme of our next will be elegies.  What filmic examples of elegies do you know?

The Poetry Foundation defines an elegy as: "In traditional English poetry, it is often a melancholy poem that laments its subject’s death but ends in consolation."

Thanks,

Sarah Bliss
http://www.SarahBlissArt.com

Frame grab from La Petite Mort