[Frameworks] film/art for the autistic

Dan Anderson bcfilmfest at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:41:57 UTC 2018

Hey folks,

Thanks for those who chimed in with thoughts and recommendations for
working with non-hearing students!

In part two of "Adventures in First-Time Community College Teaching," I'm
wondering if anyone has experience better reaching autistic students.

There are two in my "Intro to Video" class, and we're starting out making a
found footage movie from archive.org. The trouble is that finding visual
connections and the Bruce Conner-style of filmmaking is a really tough
hurdle for a person living with autism. (let alone most non-autistic folks!)

Are there any autistic filmmakers on the list, or film/art instructors that
have experience working with them?

thanks!
dan anderson