[Frameworks] Fiction feature length films about Avant-Garde cinema

Pablo Marin pamarin82 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 15:07:53 UTC 2018

Hi Albert,

Mmm... David Holzman's Diary?
Maybe some Godard would fit as well...
Best!Pablo.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 at 9:02, Albert Alcoz<albertalcoz at gmail.com> wrote:   Hello,
Do you recall any fiction feature length film that is a sort of tribute to Avant-Garde or experimental film?

The other day, watching the film Arrebato (1980) by Iván Zulueta for ten times I was wondering about feature lengths films (on 35 mm or digital video) where one of the main topic is the practice of Avant-Garde film. We could say this Spanish film is a homage to experimental super 8 film. The main character does horror films and the other is learning how to use the "pause" and the interval timer with his Canon 1014.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078797/

I don't know if there are some other fiction films that could be understood under this idea.
Maybe Dreams that Money Can't Buy (1947)?
Do you have some other titles in mind?
Thank you!
Albert--
http://visionaryfilm.net/