[Frameworks] Personal website or vimeo page or both?

Darren Hughes longpauses at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 19:07:40 UTC 2018

Speaking as a critic and programmer, I'm always *thrilled* to find a
website. It saves a lot of the back-and-forth when I'm trying to set up a
screening or confirm details for a piece I'm writing. It can be very
simple. I'd recommend including:

Bio: Both a short version (for program notes) and a longer one (for factual
context when writing a piece). If you regularly update your screenings,
shows, and honors in a CV, post a link to it in the bio. Otherwise, the
site would ideally include at least a brief listing of major shows and
honors.

Filmography: A complete list in chronological order, with dates, runtimes,
and format. Ideally, each film would also have its own page with date,
runtime, format, a brief artist's statement, hi-rez stills, links to the
trailer or to the film itself, and booking information (a link to the
film's distributor or even just an "email me to book the film" link).

Press clippings: Links to reviews and interviews, emphasizing your
preferred pullquotes.

Darren Hughes
http://publiccinema.org/bigears