[Frameworks] August 4th Queens Museum Screening of Between Neighborhoods

Seth Fein seth at sevenlocalfilm.com
Mon Jul 30 14:51:06 UTC 2018

My experimental artdoc, BETWEEN NEIGHBORHOODS, about the Unisphere will
play this coming
<http://www.kewgardensfestivalofcinema.com/events/betweenneighborhoods/>Saturday,
August 4, at the Queens Museum at noon
<http://www.kewgardensfestivalofcinema.com/events/betweenneighborhoods/>.
It's part of the Kew Gardens Festival of Cinema, and I'm happy that it's
nominated for Best Doc, but I'm happiest that this film will play in a
building at the center of the histories it connects between today and the
1960s, right in front of its principal subject, the Unisphere –– an unusual
opportunity to contemplate the place of cinema to create and mediate
present and past. But it's not just a matter of place but also time;
Between Neighborhoods studies the forces generated by immigration, which
have recently reshaped US politics, most noticeably in Queens. In any case, in
any case, in addition to the clip linked to the festival details above, here
are a couple of more as well as additional background on the film
<http://www.sevenlocalfilm.com/what/between-neighborhoods/1>.

Seth
Seven Local Film <http://sevenlocalfilm.com/>