[Frameworks] FrameWorks Digest, Vol 94, Issue 20

MARILYN BRAKHAGE vams at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 26 22:33:16 UTC 2018

Stan Brakhage's "Fifteen Song Traits" is "a series of individual portraits ... all interrelated" (about 29 minutes); other short Brakhage portraits include "Two: Creeley/McClure," "Hymn to Her," "Jane," "Worm and Web Love" -- and for a longer one (54 minutes), "The Governor" (Governor Lamm of Colorado). Also, "Sirius Remembered" (mentioned below) is a reflection on the decaying corpse of the family dog. But for some live animal portraits you might want to look at "The Domain of the Moment."

Marilyn Brakhage