[Frameworks] WAKE AMERICA! Call for submissions

sstark at hi-beam.net sstark at hi-beam.net
Sun Nov 11 00:28:20 UTC 2018

Experimental Response Cinema Call for Entries:
WAKE AMERICA
a two year year anniversary of resistance!

Experimental Response Cinema is now accepting submissions for WAKE AMERICA,
its third installment (F*CK TR*MP (2016) and TR*MP TH*S! (2017))
commemorating the inauguration of United States president #45.

Once again we are looking for works that offer powerful and hopeful
resistance to the first two years of the #45 presidency, or that touch on
issues of immigration, racism, sexism, sexual harassment, homophobia,
religious intolerance, environmental degradation, corporate greed, Wall
Street malfeasance, gun violence, corruption, voter suppression, foreign
intervention in elections, defunding health care, human rights, income
inequality, BLM and more.

Cathartic as well as a call to action, this screening of short films will
address the current political landscape in ways both playful and incisive,
affirming creativity as a vital and necessary response in the face of lies,
corporate greed, bigotry and willful ignorance.

WAKE AMERICA will be screened in Austin, Texas on the administration's
two-year anniversary in January 2019.

There's no fee! Just submit a preview link to Experimental Response Cinema
<http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/mailto.pl?mailto=erc&subject=WAKE%20AMERICA%
20Submission>  by December 15, 2018.

Send your submission NOW
<http://www.hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/mailto.pl?mailto=erc&subject=WAKE%20AMERICA%
20Submission> ! We're very much looking forward to seeing your work.

Image: Do You Want to Go for a Drive?, Kelly Gallagher, from TR*MP TH*S!
2017
Image: Now! Again!, Alexander Johnston, from TR*MP TH*S! 2017

  _____

Experimental Response Cinema is an Austin, Texas-based collective of avant
garde film and video artists, devoted to bringing local, national and
international experimental films to Austin screens. We strive to show all
media (16mm and 8mm film, digital video, and others) in its original format,
under the best possible screening conditions.

ercatx.org <http://www.ercatx.org>  | Please "like
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Experimental-Response-Cinema/295044287211512>
" us on Facebook!