[Frameworks] articles, books, reflections on filmmaking cooperatives?

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:26:41 UTC 2018

This topic reminds me that back at the beginning of 2015 I set up an
Experimental Cinema Group on Zotero.org. Zotero is an open source "personal
research assistant", meaning that it's a database for books, articles, and
other types of research material (a small sampling of item types include
"blog post", "email", "film", "patent", & "video recording").  It
integrates with word processors and can generate bibliographies and
references. Its browser extensions can be used to simply nab references off
of something like WorldCat and add them to the library. The academics among
you must know of it.

Marcos Ortega helped contribute. There are presently ~150 items in the
database, many tagged well. My contributions are mostly books that have
been suggested on Frameworks plus a few items off of my bookshelves or
spotted elsewhere.

You can see it via the web at
https://www.zotero.org/groups/122679/experimental_cinema/items

You should also be able to load it into your own copy of the Zotero
program, downloadable from https://www.zotero.org/

If anyone would like an invitation to the group so that they can start
contributing just drop me an email off list. I'd imagined that a little
group of contributor/maintainers might emerge but there wasn't much
interest at the beginning and I haven't been inclined to promote it.
Occasionally I'd harvest the book recommendations out of Frameworks emails
but it no longer seems a good use of my time.

Eric