[Frameworks] film recorder

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Sat Apr 13 21:43:42 UTC 2019

Years ago I used to make 35mm film recorders using 4K LCDs and Mitchell cameras. You really want to use a camera that can shoot single frames at longer exposures (not an Arri unless you have an animation motor and capping shutter) unless you are using a fast stock. You need a way to trigger the frame advance of the computer to the camera trigger.  You can get excellent results.  But with all the testing and hassles required this only makes sense if you have a lot of footage.  Otherwise it will be cheaper and better to use a lab like Colorlab.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
jeff at kinetta.com
kinetta.com