[Frameworks] identify experimental film

Philip Brubaker philipbrubaker80 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:05:18 UTC 2019

Hi listserv -
I am trying to find the name of an experimental film and its
filmmaker.  It was made in the 1970's-1980's I believe, in San
Francisco.  It's a silent, color film.  A man films an empty street
with his camera on a tripod.  He cranks the camera motor and then runs
into the shot, far off into the distance.  He does this repeatedly,
cranking the camera longer each time, so that he is recorded running
further each time.  I saw it in a traveling Canyon Cinema show but
can't remember the details.  Please help if you can!

Philip Brubaker
Filmmaker