[Frameworks] what's ok to send for posting and what's not ok?

Adam Hyman adam at lafilmforum.org
Mon Apr 22 15:28:05 UTC 2019

Hi Cecilia,

My guess is that no one on Frameworks knows the answer.  It¹s a community of
experimental filmmakers, so I doubt anyone has optioned a book.

I think better luck might be found through lists or organizations dealing
with independent filmmaking of a more narrative feature variety, like FIND
(Film Independent).  Or maybe a google search would find sites dealing with
legal issues for filmmakers.  There was definitely a site, whose name
escapes me, that I learned of through a documentary email list, that had a
variety of contract templates for very low cost.

While I try to find its name, I found this, which is different and may or
may not be right.

New Media Rights (NMR) provides pro bono legal resources and its free media
studio to creators - artists, filmmakers, podcasters, citizen journalists,
bloggers, open source software projects, as well as nonprofits.
http://www.newmediarights.org <http://www.newmediarights.org/>

A Google search for ³legal forms for filmmakers² led to lots, such as this
page;
https://nofilmschool.com/2016/08/grab-every-filmmaking-form-youll-ever-need-
these-99-free-templates
On which I see that #3 is literary option.

Best of luck,
Adam