[Frameworks] [HISPAM] Original soundtrack recordings of Avant-Garde films

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 07:01:07 UTC 2019

Birdsongs of the Mesozoic's improvised score to Michael Burlingame's 1986
film "To a Random" was released on a vinyl LP called "Soundtracks" and
later on their "The Fossil Record 1980-1987" CD.

https://www.discogs.com/Birdsongs-Of-The-Mesozoic-Erik-Lindgren-2-Pink-Inc-Soundtracks/release/2830469
https://www.discogs.com/Birdsongs-Of-The-Mesozoic-The-Fossil-Record-1980-1987/release/11985257

Roger Miller (founding member of Birdsongs and Mission of Burma) went on to
form Alloy Orchestra, well known for composing/performing new scores to
silent films. Some have been released on CD.

http://www.alloyorchestra.com/about/bio/

Miller is presently at work on "The Davis Square Symphony" – "a movie and
an orchestral score" – which uses his own footage and, from what I gather,
translates the recorded motions of vehicles and pedestrians to instruments
and pitches.

https://rogerclarkmiller.com/the-davis-square-symphony/

I imagine this will see some sort of release in 2020 alongside the Museum
show described at that linked page.