[Frameworks] Vinegar syndrome?

eliza levinson elizalevinson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:25:05 UTC 2019

Hi, dear Frameworks friends ~

I'm lucky enough to know some of you personally (hi, Microscope! hi,
EPFC!), but in case I don't, I'm a Berlin-based artist and writer with a
big love for analog film. I'm working on a series (both visual and
text-based) for a zine this January where the theme is "vinegar," so,
naturally, I'm writing about vinegar syndrome. The piece will combine
around 500 words on the subject with 6-8 hi-res images of some nice
deteriorating film.

I'm writing to ask:
• does anyone have digitized films available online which demonstrate
vinegar syndrome, which you might be interested in contributing to being
featured in this piece in the form of stills? You will be credited!

• does anyone have thoughts or feelings about vinegar syndrome they might
want to share, that could be included in the piece?

Thanks so much! Have a nice day,
Eliza